Sunday 19 January 2014

Review: Frozen

Hey Guys,

If you didn't know already a new Disney film called Frozen has recently been released, not to be mistaken for the thriller. I have to admit I was reluctant to watch this because when I saw the trailer, which I now know was the 'teaser', I thought the whole film was about a talking Snowman; but thankfully it's not, it's so much better than I expected!  
I don't want to ruin it, unlike I do with most of my reviews because I think that everybody should watch this, but i'll give you the gist of what's happening.

There are two sister called Elsa and Anna (pronounce On-A) who were really close when they were little; Elsa has these magical snow powers but then there's an accident. Elsa can't control her powers and keeps locked up in her room and nobody can enter their castle; this continues until her coronation. 
On coronation day the gates to the castle open and Anna's excited to meet and see new people as she's been locked in the castle for 16 years or so; however she pushes Elsa too far and another incident happens.
Elsa runs away to be free and Anna goes looking after her, along the way she meets Kristoff, Sven (the Reindeer) and Olaf  (the Snowman). Finally, once they've found Elsa again another incident happens to Anna and only an act of true love can save her, through out the film you think you know what will save her but to my surprise, and I'm sure many others, the predictable ending didn't happen but what did happen was a much more satisfying. 

Anna
I love all the characters apart from the bad guys obviously, but by far Anna is my favourite. She's one of the main protagonists so you see more of her than anybody, which I loved. You first see her as a child and you instantly fall in love with her because she's just annoying, but that cute annoying. When she's growing up she doesn't play with Elsa because of the accident, so you watch her make her own fun and you can't help but feel sorry for her. As she makes her journey to find Elsa, she meets Kristoff and you know they'll fall in love like every Disney film, but the fact they don't hit it off straight away is brilliant because it's more realistic, if that makes any sense.







Of course it wouldn't be a Disney film without a bit of singing. 'Do you want to build a Snowman' and Olaf's 'Summer' songs are my favourite and both are stuck in my head. Kristen Bell (Anna) and Idina Menzel (Elsa) both have beautiful voices, which makes the songs even better.

Credit has to be given to all the animators because creating all that snow must have been very difficult but more importantly, making Elsa's hair look stunning. I'm in love with Elsa's hair and I really want it, I just thought I'd put that out there.





Everything about this film is beyond perfection and if you're a Disney fan already, this will definitely be one of your new favourites. Please go and watch it.

Love Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment