Wednesday 29 October 2014

Halloween Treats: Cookies

Hey Guys,

This halloween I am staying at my friends house and I thought it would be nice to make some halloween food.

I'm not the best cook so all of the recipes are very simple, the only interesting thing about them is their icing.

Cookies

I'm making some basic round vanilla cookies which I will hopefully be able to turn into some eyes. There is a simple recipe on this website - http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/607380
but the one I used is a M&S 'easy baking' book: White Chocolate Cookies

You'll soon find out that I don't follow recipes very easily and the first thing I'm going to change it the white chocolate, I'll be adding milk chocolate chips.

Makes 24                                                         My Recipe
4oz butter, softened (extra for greasing)                Butter
4oz soft light brown sugar                                Sugar
1 egg, beaten                                              Egg
9oz of self-raising flour                                   Self-raising flour
4 1/2 oz of white chocolate, chopped                     Chocolate Chips (no measurement)
Salt                                                        Salt
1 3/4 oz of Brazil nuts, chopped                           Vanilla extract  
                                                                    Icing sugar
                                                                   Food colouring (Red, Blue, Orange, Green, Black) 

  • Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius/Gas mark 5
  • Cream together butter and sugar
  • Add egg
  • Sift flour and add salt, stir in chocolate (and nuts) 
  • Place evenly sized dough balls on a baking tray 
  • BAKE FOR 10-12 MINUTES

Icing
Make normal runny icing
  • Separate into different bowls and add colour to individual bowl; remember to save some white
  • To pipe these colours use a piping bag or a plastic bag with a hole cut at the bottom
Eyes
  • Cover each cookie with a layer of white icing
  • In the centre of the cookie with your blue create a small circle
  • With the red make thin lines coming from the blue, this will create a blood shot effect
  • Finally, either with the black (or with a spare chocolate chip) add a dot in the centre of the blue
Pumpkin (easier)
  • Cover the majority of the cookie with orange icing - a smaller circle 
  • Add a green line and the top to act as the straw
So as you can see mine really failed, I didn't have many food colour options so I tried my best - but it doesn't really matter as long as they taste nice. 

                         
Hopefully they'll look more like this. 





HAPPY HALLOWEEN
ENJOY!

Love Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment